Week 02 Flashcards
您要吃什麼?
What would you like?
我要吃奶油醬義大利麵。
I’ll try the spaghetti with cream sauce.
我要點蕃茄醬義大利麵。
I’d like the spaghetti with tomato sauce.
我可以來份青醬義大利麵嗎?
Could I get the spaghetti with pesto?
我需要喝點啤酒。
I could use some beer.
和法蘭克的午餐進行得如何?
How was lunch with Frank?
一切都還順利嗎?
Did it all go well?
我不在的時候,有什麼事情發生嗎?
Did anything happen while I was away?
期待很快得到您的回應。
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
對不起,你能幫我麼?
Excuse me. Can you help me?
可以啊,什麼事?
Sure, what do you want?
Wooster街83號在哪?
Where is 83 Wooster Street?
很好找。你走到拐角, 然後向左轉。
That’s easy. Walk to the corner. Then make a left turn.
接著走兩條街到紅綠燈,再向左轉就到了Wooster街了。
Then walk two blocks to the traffic light. Make another left to Wooster.
對不起,夫人。我想找Wooster街83號。
Excuse me, ma’am. I’m looking for 83 Wooster Street.
噢,Wooster街是兩條街區, 83號是在右邊,大約過兩棟房子就到了。
Yes. Wooster Street is two blocks, and 83 is to the right, about two houses.
很抱歉我遲到了。
Sorry I’m late.
交通擁擠,又找不到停車的地方,而且我又迷路了!
The traffic. The parking. I was lost.
飲料呢?
And to drink?
一杯紅酒,麻煩你。
A glass of red wine, please.
開水就好,麻煩你。
Just water, please.
你們有哪種果汁?
What kind of juice do you have?
我要檸檬水不加冰,麻煩你。
I’ll have a lemonade with no ice, please.
你要不要我去告訴他?
Do you want me to tell him that?
我們上週末在海灘玩得很盡興,你真該一塊來!
We had a blast last weekend at the beach. You should have come!
我們這次旅行真是糟透了。車子拋錨,而且我們所有的錢都被偷了。
Our trip was a total disaster. The car broke down and all our money was stolen.
那場意外之後,這輛車完全報廢了。
After the accident, the car was a complete write-off.
這座建築物仍然佇立著,但是已經完全荒廢在那兒了。
The building is still standing, but it was a complete write-off.
這一整天都荒廢掉了。
The whole day was a write-off.
現在是非常時期, 你應該學會如何放鬆心情。
It’s at times like these that you’ve got to learn how to relax.
好漂亮的花!謝謝你。
What pretty flowers! Thank you.
別為遲到擔心了,沒有關係的。
Don’t worry about being late. It’s fine.
請不要介意這兒亂得很,我剛剛搬來住。
Excuse the mess. I just moved here.
我們會不會錯過晚餐訂位的時間?
Are we too late for our dinner reservation?
不會,餐廳會保留我們的席位。我和老闆很熟,我在那兒吃過好多次。
No, the restaurant will hold our table. I know the owner very well. I eat there a lot.
你知道那家餐廳的電話號碼麼?
Do you know the phone number of the restaurant?
我想打電話回家把餐廳的電話告訴臨時保姆。
I’d like to call home and leave the number with the baby-sitter.
您的牛排來了。
Here’s your steak.
那看起來不錯。
That looks good.
那聞起來很棒。
That smells wonderful.
我得找人幫忙才吃得完這道。
I’m going to need help finishing this.
你要我拿什麼?
What do you want me to take?
我剛好在走廊巧遇妮可。
I happened to bump into Nicole in the hallway.
我們出租這輛腳踏車是以天計算的。
We are renting this bicycle by the day.
我這個週末不想去健行。
I don’t feel up to a hike this weekend.
我不覺得想去參加她的婚禮。
I didn’t feel up to attending her wedding.
回家的路上,我得去一趙超市。
I have to hit the supermarket on the way home.
我喜歡這兒。
I like it here.
我也是。我常來這兒 。
I do, too. I come here often.
這是為特殊人物而設的特別地方。
A special place for special people.
你們要點什麼飲料嗎?
Would you like something to drink?
是的,我要一杯加冰塊的薑味汽水。
Yes, I’d like a glass of ginger ale with ice.
Harry,你要什麼?
Harry, what would you like?
你這兒有澀白酒嗎?
Do you have a dry white wine?
來一杯California白葡萄酒,好麼?
How about a California chablis?
你們要吃點什麼?
What would you like to eat?
我想要mee krob。
I’d like the mee krob.
Harry,你想看看菜譜麼?
Harry, would you like to see a menu?
不用,沒有關係。 我也要mee krob。
No, it’s Ok. I’ll have the mee krob also.
請先用,別等我了。
Please, go ahead. Don’t wait for me.
噢,好。我想我最好趁熱開動。
Oh, OK. I guess I’d better start while it’s still hot.
你最好在它變涼以前開動。
You’d better start before it gets cold.
吃吧。
Dig in.
抱歉,我餓了, 我要先開動了。
I’m sorry. I’m starving. I’m going to start first.
你確定你是對的嗎?
Are you sure you are right?
我無法再更快樂了。→我快樂的不得了。
I couldn’t be happier.
我無法再多同意你一點。→我非常同意。
I couldn’t agree with you more.
我無法再更在乎了。→我非常在乎。
I couldn’t care more.
你不能再更小心了。→一定要非常小心。
You can’t be too careful.
當吉兒拿到考試結果時,她開心得不得了。
Once Jill got the test results, she was happy as a clam.
他開心不已。
He was happy as the day is long.
要不要給你來點沙拉?
May I bring you a salad?
噢,好啊。今天你推薦什麼?
Oh yes. What do you recommend today?
你在宇宙玩具公司做什麼工作?
What do you do at Universe Toy Company?
我是負責新玩具開發的副總裁。
I’m the vice-president of new toy development.
了不起!
Terrific!
發生了什麼事?
What’s the matter?
我女兒感到不舒服。
My daughter isn’t feeling well.
噢,糟糕。嚴重嗎?
Oh no! Is it serious?
我不知道。臨時保姆說她肚子痛,並且她一直哭。
I don’t know. The baby-sitter says she has a stomachache, and she’s crying.
你的晚餐吃得怎麼樣?
How are you enjoying your dinner?
每道都棒極了。
Everything is really great.
我愛雞肉。
I love the chicken .
魚肉真棒。
The fish is fantastic.
你是不是就讀任何人在遁裡教書?
Do you just let anyone teach here?
這裡總是老樣子, 我想來點新玩意。
Around here, it’s always the same ol’, same ol’. I want something new.
阿妹很會唱歌。
A-mei is good at singing.
班很不會講故事。
Ben is pretty bad at telling stories.
(某人) 的情況己糟到不能再糟了。
(someone) couldn’t have done worse.
別問了。
Don’t ask.
發生甚麼事了?
What happened?
臨時保姆打電話來了,他女兒生病了。
The baby-sitter called. His daughter is sick.
什麽病?
What’s wrong?
我想她肚子痛。
I think she has a stomachache.
那麽……你覺得他怎麽樣?
So… what do you think of him?
他很不錯。 但我想他今晚有點緊張。
He’s very nice. But I think he was nervous tonight.
這是他兩年來第一次次約會。
It was his first date in two years.
你會再見他嗎?
Will you see him again?
我希望如此。
I hope so.
你叫了夠三 四個人人吃的,但我毫不在意。
You ordered enough for three or four people, but I’m not complaining.
不好意思我的叉子掉了可以再給我一支嗎?
Excuse me. I dropped my fork. Can I get another one?
沒問題,我馬上拿支來。
Sure. I’ll be right back with one.
你能再給我一支叉子嗎?
Could you give me another fork?
可以麻煩你再拿支刀子來嗎?
Can I have another knife, please?
我需要一根湯匙。
I need a spoon.
如果那是你想要的。
If that’s what you want.
有空常聯絡。
Don’t be a stranger.
我想鮑伯是喝多了,他趴在桌上睡著了。
I think Bob has had one too many. He is asleep at the table.
有備無患; 未雨綱繆
It’s better to be safe than sorry.
我要帶個指南針, 以免迷路。小心總比後悔好。
I’m taking a compass in case I get lost. Better safe than sorry.
這女孩說了聲再見就走掉了。
The girl said good-bye and ran off.
你樓下的鄰居讓我進來的。
Your downstairs neighbor let me in.
你回家了嗎?
Did you go home?
回去了,但一切安好,於是我決定回來。
I did , but everything is OK, so I decided to come back.
為了表示我對提早走掉的歉意,我帶了一件小禮物 。
To apologize for leaving so early, I brought you a little gift.
這是從餐廳帶回來的的菜。
It’s our meal from the restaurant.
對了,你女兒怎麽樣?
And how is your daughter?
噢 她沒事了。 僅僅是肚子有點痛。
Oh, she’s fine. It was only a tummy ache.
你回去是對的。
It’s good that you went back.
是的,我想我在場是非常重要的,因為她媽媽去世了。
Yes, I think it’s important for me to be there since her mother died.
我想是的。你餓了嗎?
I agree. Aren’t you hungry?
老實說……我餓了。
As a matter of fact… I am hungry.