Week 01 Flashcards
午贅時間快到了你想吃什麼呢?
It’s almost time for lunch. What do you feel like?
我想吃清淡的東西。
I feel like something light.
你想吃什麼呢?
What are you in the mood for?
你想吃義大利麵嗎?
Do you feel like getting some pasta?
你想吃披薩嗎?
Are you in the mood for a pizza?
你想不想出去用餐?
Do you want to go out to eat?
如果電影你付的話,那晚餐就由我來付吧。
I’ll pay for dinner if you pay for the movie.
好啊|
You’re on!
咦,這不就是我的老友道格嘛|
Well, if it isn’t my oid buddy, Doug!
是我沒錯。你近來過得如何7
It’s me all right. How have you been?
梅根福克斯本人看起來比電影裡還要性感。
Megan Fox is even sexier in the flesh than in the movies.
謝謝。很感謝你的幫助。
Thank you. I appreciate your help.
你們住哪?
And where do you live?
我們住在加利福尼亞州 。
We live in California.
噢,歡迎你們到紐約來。
Well, welcome to New York.
好了,請稍等一下。我快要準備好了。
OK, just a second. I’m almost ready here.
對不起,我叫Richard Stewart。我是一位攝影師。
Excuse me. My name is Richard Stewart. I’m a photographer.
我可以為你和你的小男孩兒拍一張照片嗎?
May I take a picture of you and your little boy?
做什麼用?
What’s it for?
我有點想吃日本料理。你吃不吃生魚片?
I kind of feel like Japanese. Do you eat sashimi?
吃啊,我愛吃生魚片。
Yeah,I love sashimi.
你喜歡生魚片嗎?
Do you like sashimi?
你可以吃生魚片嗎?
Is sashimi OK with you?
那家新的日本料理店怎麼樣?
How about that new Japanese place?
我們去試試捷運站附近那家壽司吧。
Let’s try that sushi bar near the MRT station.
我想去歐洲。
I want to go to Europe.
妳最近在忙甚麼?
What have you been up to lately?
哈囉,崔西。很高興遇見妳。妳最近都在忙什麼呢?
Hello, Tracy. It’s good to see you. What have you been doing lately?
喔,東忙西忙的,沒什麼特別的。
Oh, a little of this, a little of that. Nothing special.
可以的話,我很樂意跟你共進晚餐。
I’d love to take you to dinner sometime.
這星期五我有空。
I’m free this Friday.
哎呀,已經五點半了。
Oh no! It’s five thirty.
我失陪了。我得去接我太太。
Will you excuse me? I have to meet my wife.
非常高興遇見你。
It was nice meeting you.
我也很高興碰到你。
It was a pleasure meeting you, too.
謝謝你的幫助。祝你好運,我得走了。
Thanks for your help. And good luck! I’ve got to go.
噢,我忘了說,我叫Richard。你呢?
By the way, I’m Richard. What’s your name?
妳是從紐約來的嗎?
Are you from New York?
不是,我是從希臘來的。我是一名交換學生。
No, I’m from Greece. I’m an exchange student.
請問一下,你知不知道這附近有哪裡可以吃到不錯的牛排?
Excuse me, do you know where I could get a good steak around here?
你可以去試試BJ ‘s 。它在這條街的街尾。
You could try BJ’s. It’s just down the street.
這附近有什麼吃海鮮的好地方?
Are there any good seafood places around here?
你能不能推薦家又好又便宜的午餐店?
Could you recommend a good, cheap place for lunch?
我不想睡覺。
I don’t want to go to sleep.
外面真的很冷。
It’s really cold outside.
沒錯。我的手指都快結冰了!
You can say that again. My fingers are frozen!
去年我去希臘度假。
I went to Greece on holiday last year.
泰德上個月去度假。
Ted was on vacation last month.
我走遍購物中心, 就是找不到書店。
I looked around the mall, but l couldn’t find a bookstore.
辦公室正流傳著謠言。
There is a rumor going around in the office.
他夢想著遊遍世界各地。
His dream is to travel around the world.
對不起,警官。你能幫幫我嗎?
Excuse me, officer. Can you help me?
你能告訴我怎麼去Riverdale的林登街?
Can you tell me how to get to Linden Street, in Riverdale?
附近有地鐵站嗎?
Is there a station near here?
有。地鐵站在那邊。你應當搭1路車到Van Cortlandt公園下車。
Yes. The station’s that way. You should take the number 1 train to Van Cortlandt Park.
我耽誤了你很多時間。
I’m taking too much of your time.
別擔心。這個時間交通很忙。
Don’t worry. The traffic is very heavy at this hour.
我知道。但我們晚餐可要遲到了。
I know. But we’re going to be late for dinner.
我買這件綠色毛衣吧,我覺得這種顏色較適合我,你說呢?
I’ll take this green sweater. I like the color on me, don’t you?
我覺得你穿上它看起來很好看。
I think it looks terrific on you.
想吃牛排嗎?
Feel like a steak?
不了,謝謝。我不愛吃牛肉。
No, thanks. I don’t care for beef.
我不吃紅肉。
I don’t eat red meat.
除了牛排,其他都行!
Anything but steak!
你想買什麼?
What do you want to buy?
我聽過傑瑞這個人。他很擅長使用電腦。
I’ve heard about Jerry. He’s good with computers.
我叫做茱蒂。
My name’s Judy.
嗨!茱蒂。我從史考特那邊得知很多妳的事情。
Hi, Judy. I’ve heard a lot about you from Scott.
我一直沒有榮幸認識你。我是貝琪。
I haven’t had the pleasure. I’m Becky.
哈囉,員琪,很開心認識妳。
Hello, Becky. It’s nice to meet you.
讓我來自我介紹一下,我是妳的新鄰居安迪。
Let me introduce myself. I’m your new neighbor, Andy .
安迪,歡迎來到我們的社區。我是黛安。
Welcome to the neighborhood, Andy. I’m Diane.
請問今天下午有人撿到一個照像機旅行袋,一個小的粗帆布袋?是在J. F. Kennedy渡船上丟的。
Did anyone find a camera bag this afternoon, a small canvas bag, on the J. F. Kennedy Ferry?
也許會有人發現的。
Maybe someone will find it.
對不起,Richard。他們那兒沒有。
Sorry, Richard. They don’t have it.
不管怎樣,我都得謝謝你。
Thanks, anyway.
對不起我遲到這麼久。今天真是糟透了。
I’m sorry I’m so late. I had a really bad day.
現在是六點十分。我們晚了。今晚Robbie做飯,晚餐六點半開始。
It’s ten after six. We’re late. Robbie’s cooking tonight, and dinner’s at six thirty.
我浪費了一整天的工作成果。
I lost a whole day’s work.
這裡真忙啊。
It’s really busy here.
是啊,這個地方的海鮮很有名。
Yeah, this place is famous for its seafood.
這個地方是以海鮮聞名。
This place is known for its seafood.
這是台彎最好的海鮮餐廳之一。
This is one of the best seafood restaurants in Taiwan.
妳想要知道甚麼?
What would you like to know?
嗨,馬克。你見過愛麗絲嗎?
Hi, Mark. Do you know Alice?
沒有,我想應該沒見過。很高興終於認識妳了,愛麗絲。
No, I don’t think I do. It’s nice to finally meet you, Alice.
你一定要嚐嚐看,這個好好吃。
You have got to taste this. It’s delicious.
紐約以摩天大樓遠近馳名。
New York is famous for its skyscrapers.
她是一位知名作家。
She is famous as a writer.
我就跟你說過啦!卡拉0K在這裡很受歡迎。
What did I tell you? Karaoke is very popular here.
Robbie為晚餐準備了什麼?
And what’s Robbie cooking for dinner?
會給你一個驚喜。
It’s a surprise.
我希望是義大利通心粉。
I hope it’s pasta.
Robbie,晚餐真是棒極了。
Robbie, the dinner was terrific.
有什麼甜點呢?
What’s for dessert?
我要一勺咖啡的和一勺巧克力的(冰淇淋)。
Uh, one scoop of coffee and one scoop of chocolate for me.
你好。Richard Stewart住在這兒嗎?
Hello. Does Richard Stewart live here?
噢……Alexandra,讓我介紹一下。這是我太太Marilyn。
Um…Alexandra, let me introduce you. This is my wife Marilyn.
Richard給我看了你的照片。你好。
Richard showed me your photo. How do you do?
哦。Richard跟我們談起你。很高興見到你。
Oh yes. Richard told us all about you. It’s nice to meet you.
您準備要點餐了嗎,先生?
Are you ready to order, sir?
你有什麼推薦的?
What do you recommend?
這裡有什麼好吃的?
What’s good here?
你們肓沒有什麼不會太油的東西?
Do you have something that’s not too oily?
你們有什麼清淡一點的東西?
What do you have that’s kind of light?
無論如何我不會讓你失望。
No matter what, I won’t let you down .
上個週末,我除了上網之外,什麼都沒做。
Last weekend, I did nothing but surf the Internet.
你絕不能相信保羅,他說穿了就是個騙子。
You can’t believe Paul. He’s nothing but a liar.
我迫不及待的想知道考試的結果。
I’m dying to know how I did on the test.
羅傑非常想知道他是不是被錄取了。
Roger is dying to know if he got the job .
謝謝你的誇獎!我感到受寵若驚。
Thank you for that lovely compliment. I’m flattered.
你是我認識的人當中最好的。
You are the nicest person that I know.
謝謝你,我受寵若驚。
Thank you. I’m flattered.
我很高興你發現了旅行袋而且不怕麻煩,花時間將它送來。
I’m so glad you found the bag and took the time and trouble to return it.
哦,沒什麼麻煩。只是我坐錯了車。
Oh, it was no trouble. I just took the wrong train.
來吃點東西, 好嗎?
Would you like something to eat?
謝謝, 不用了。我回家吃晚飯要遲到了。我真的得走了。
Thank you, no. I’m late for dinner at my house. I really have to go.
你想跟家裡通個電話嗎?
Would you like to call home?
謝謝你(讓我使用電話)。
I’d appreciate that.
謝謝,不用了。我真的得走了。很高興見到你們一家。
Thanks, no. I do have to go. It was nice meeting you all.
既然如此,或許哪個星期天能來吃中飯。讓我們好好的感謝你送回Richard的旅行袋?
Well, maybe you’ll come for lunch some Sunday, so we can really thank you for bringing Richard’s bag back?