Sentences Flashcards
I called him a few times, but he didn’t answer.
我给他了好几个电话,他却都没有接
- 却 is the only word for ‘but’ placed after the subject.
I had a great time every day in university.
在大学的每一天我都过得很愉快
I don’t want to cause unpleasantness to anyone.
我不想引起任何人不愉快
whether you have money has little to do with being happy or not.
有没有钱和幸不幸福关系不大
it’s raining heavily outside (it is still going on)
外面下着很大的雨
- I want to drink a little beer.
2. I am a little busy today.
- 我想喝一点儿啤酒
2. 今天我有点儿忙
I have experienced many things.
我经历过很多事
- 经历 can be used as a verb as well, unlike 经验 which can only be a noun.
quickly tell me your experience in Europe.
- tell your story of going to Europe
- tell me the knowledge you have gained from going to Europe.
- 快告诉我你在欧洲的经历
2. 快告诉我你在欧洲的经验
nodding means agree.
点头表示同意
I think using Chinese to express my own ideas is hard.
我觉得用中文表达自己的想法很难
he will become another person when he gets mad.
她生气的时候就会变成另一个人
gradually, they became good friends.
慢慢地,他们成为了好朋友
after experiencing this thing, I became more mature.
经历了这件事以后,我变得更成熟了
- 变得 is always followed by an adjective.
although I don’t know much about him yet, I am already falling in love with him.
虽然我还不了解她,但是我已经爱上他了
- 了解 denotes a deeper understanding of something or someone.
I’m so sad, I can’t eat and I can’t sleep.
我真的好难过,我饭也吃不下,觉也睡不好
I know, for example, that Chinese people work really hard.
我知道,比如说,中国人非常努力工作
as long as I have free time, I will eat something.
我只要有空,就会吃东西
the movie has just started.
电影才开始呢
- I have been studying Chinese for two years.
2. I haven’t studied Chinese for two years.
- 我学了兩年中文了
2. 我两年沒学中文了
I want to continue learning it.
我想学下去
- verb + 下去, can indicate the continuation of an action that is already in progress
she listens to recordings for an hour every day.
- by repeating the verb
- without repeating the verb
- 她每天听录音听一个小时
2. 他每天听一个小时的录音
could you help me take my luggage for a moment?
- show a brief casual action
你可以幫我拿一拿行李嗎
- verb 一 verb can show a brief casual action
can you read it out loud?
你可以读出来吗?
- 出来 can be placed after a verb to indicate doing something out loud
please take the map out.
請你拿出地圖來
- taking something out by adding 出来, but placing what is taken out between the two
to have a good sleep
睡一个好觉
I went to bed right after I had finished writing the letter.
我写了信以后就去睡觉了
- 就 is used to connect two phrases to indicate the second action happens as soon as the first one is completed