Sentences English to Chinese Flashcards
Your name is the same as my mom’s.
你和我妈妈的名字一样。
We must allow others to hurt us.
我们必须任由人来伤害我们。
wǒmen bìxū rènyóu rén lái shānghài wǒmen
Your egg soup tastes great.
你的鸡蛋汤味道好极了。
We shouldn’t allow him to make trouble any more.
我们不能再任由他胡来了。
Wǒmen bùnéng zài rènyóu tā húlái le.
In the still of night, he allows his mind to run wild.
夜深人静,他任由思想奔涌。
Yèshēn rénjìng,tā rènyóu sīxiǎng bēnyǒng.
I have her twisted around my little finger, so she will do anything I ask.
她任由我摆布,所以我的要求她都会照做。
Tā rènyóu wǒ bǎibù, suǒyǐ wǒ de yāoqiú tā dōuhuì zhào zuò.
He fell down and injured himself.
他跌伤了。
Tā diēshāng le.
have a fall
跌了个跟头
diēlegè gēntóu
Who climbs too high goes to a fall.
爬得太高会跌下来。
Pá de tài gāo huì diē xiàlái.
The higher you climb, the greater fall.
升的越高,跌的越重。
Shēng de yuè gāo, diē de yuè zhòng.
Children often tumble when they are learning how to walk.
小孩子学步的时候总是跌跟头。
Xiǎoháizi xuébù de shíhou zǒngshì diē gēntou.
withhold the truth; hide (or hold back) the facts
隐瞒事实
yǐnmán shìshí
He was afraid that if he mentioned the matter it would implicate his family, so he kept it secret.
他怕这事说出来会牵累家庭, 所以隐瞒了。
Tā pà zhè shì shuō chūlai huì qiānlěi jiātíng, suǒyǐ yǐnmán le.
to conceal sth from sb
对某人隐瞒某事。
Duì mǒurén yǐnmán mǒushì
I have nothing to hide
我没什么可隐瞒的
Wǒ méishénmē kě yǐnmán de