Important Sentences and Grammar Flashcards
I’ve lived in America for 10+ years
我在美国生活/住了十几年了。
His Roomate is a poor student, it’s unexpected that he could buy a plane
他的同屋是个穷学生,(没想到)他居然没得起飞机。
Planes are faster than trains, but they are also more expensive
飞机比火车快,但是也贵得多。
Resultative complement
v. 到 o.
Up until now, train is still the main transportation tool for Chinese domestic travel.
到目前为止,火车还是中国国内旅行的主要交通工具。
On the train, you have a lot of opportunities to make friends.
在火车上有很多机会交新朋友
Anytime at The Great Wall, Imperial Palace, these types of attractions, there is a large amount of people.
在颐和园,长城,这些景点,任何时候都是人山人海。
In the morning, the park is a good place for people to workout and walk their birds. After dark, the park turns into a good place for couples.
早晨,公园是人们运动,遛鸟儿的好地方。天黑以后,公园成了男女朋友谈恋爱的好地方。
China has a modern side and an ancient side
中国有现代化的一面,也有古老的一面。
He Used to be a playboy, once he turned 30 however, he turned into a good man.
他以前是个花花公子,到三十岁以后,却成了一个好男人。
There are thousands upon thousands of books in the library
图书馆里的书成千上万。
图书馆里有成千上万的书。
Beijing’s imperial garden is not open to ordinary citizens.
北京的皇家公园不对老百姓开放。
I can see that you are sick.
我看得出来你生病了。
I told my mom that I ate at the night market’s stand.
我告诉妈妈我在夜市的小摊儿上吃了东西。
School organized a lot of student activities.
If you don’t have any arrangements, we can go to Starbucks.
学校为学生们安排了学多活动。
要是你没有安排,我们可以去星巴克。
In the past, Houhai was the Emperor’s garden
以前,后海是皇帝的花园。
I give my mom a call everyday for the purpose of making her not worry.
For the sake of protecting the enjoinment I decided in the future to not use air conditioning anymore.
我每天都给妈妈打电话,是为了不让妈妈担心。
为了保护坏境,我决定以后都不用空调了。
Yesterday, I spent 2 hours before I bought a ticket.
昨天我花了两个小时才买到一张票
I’ve toured a lot of attractions in Beijing, the one that gave me the deepest impression was The Great Wall.
在北京我参观过很多景点,给我印象最深的是长城
The Statue of Liberty is America’s Symbol
自由女神像是美国的象征。
I like this student organization
After arriving in China, the school organized us to tour famous attractions.
我很喜欢这个学生组织。
到中国以后,学校组织我们参观有名的景点。
She obviously didn’t understand wait we said.
她显然并没听懂我们在说什么。
I really respect the ancient Chinese people who build the Great Wall.
我非常佩服建长城的古代中国人。
The Great Wall blocked the development of the Chinese to the north
长城挡住了中国人向北方的发展。
When you deal with Chinese people, make sure you give the other side face.
跟中国人打交道的时候,得注意给对方面子。
He rejected/agreed to the teacher’s request
她拒绝/答应老师的要求了。
I am confident/assured that I will do well on this test.
我对这次考试很有把握。
China’s main transportation tool isn’t plane, but train.
中国最主要的交通工具不是飞机,而是火车。
This kid is polite everyone.
这个孩子对每个人都很有礼貌。
He keeps repeatedly calling me.
他一再给我打电话。
I can’t eat anymore (filled).
我吃不下了。
Learning Chinese is difficult, I have encountered many problems
学中文很难,我碰到了很多问题。
Sitting in a soft/hard bunk is refreshing to Americans.
坐软卧/硬卧对美国人来说很新鲜。
It’s hard to say if he will come or not today.
他今天来不来很难说。
It’s okay if the clothes are expensive, what’s important is comfortability.
衣服贵一点儿没关系,重要的是要舒服。
I can’t get used to squatting toilets.
我上不惯蹲的厕所。
I can’t recognize by hearing whether he is a northerner or southerner.
我听不出来他是北方人还是南方人。
For Chinese people, remembering names of provinces is easy.
I don’t remember yesterdays new words.
对中国人来说,记得省名很容易。
昨天的生词,我没记住。
On the surface, Chinese dishes’ names are easy to understand, actually they are not easy to understand.
China in heart and real China are completely different.
中国菜的名字在表面上很容易明白,实际上不太容易明白。
想象中的中国和实际看到的(中国)完全不同。
I often avoid ordering dishes whose names have nothing to do with their ingredients.
我总是避免点那些名字和材料完全没有关系的菜。
Pedestrians have to walk past many cars quickly.
行人得在许多汽车当中很快地走过去。
Drivers have to consider people who are walking.
开车的人得照顾走路的人。
Always remember if there is a car when crossing the road
过马路的时候得时时记得先看有没有汽车。
Traffic lights in Beijing have no effect.
To me, coffee has no effect.
红绿灯在北京不起作用。
咖啡对我起不了作用。
Today the bookstore is closed, I can’t buy books.
今天书馆关门,我买不了书。
This dish used American special ingredients to make.
这道菜是用美国特有的材料做的。
Beijing’s traffic has no order.
北京的交通没有秩序。
I like to watch movies related to government.
我很喜欢看跟政府有关的电影。
After arriving at Princeton in Beijing, student’s study time increased a lot, but sleep time however decreased a lot.
到了普北班,学习的时间大大地正价了,儿睡觉的时间大大地减少了。
Commercials only tell you knew information, they don’t carry a teaching lesson implication.
广告只是告诉你信息,并没有教训的意味。
I put out a request to my mom.
我向我妈妈提出了要求。
He lived in China for 10 years, he really knows Chinese culture.
他在中国生活了十年,他很了解中国文化。
The forbidden city is really pretty, it’s worth touring.
故宫很漂亮,值得去参观。
China has the problem of not standardized writing.
Campus has the problem of the phenomenon of students parking bikes wherever.
中国存在写字不规范的问题。
学校里存在学生随便停放自行车的现象。
Different provinces have different dialects, this undesirably brings about communication difficulties.
不同的省有不同的方言,这造成了沟通上的困难。
In China, I can speak Chinese with Chinese people.
在中国,我可以与中国人之间说中文。
Trump brought hope to American people.
Trump 给/为(为Only for positives)美国人带来了希望。
I rely on friends for help when I have difficulties in college.
He has no job now, so he has to live on his parents.
我在大学有困难的时候靠朋友帮忙。
他现在没有工作,只好靠父母的生活。
The most effective way to learn Chinese is to practice every day.
学好中文最有效的办法是天天练习。