chapter 2 Flashcards
那这一鲁莽之举对他的财务有多大影响?
How much of a fool can he made of himself financially?
有什么你为他遮掩了吗?
Anything you chose not to disclose?
我同意人人都有权利保留一定的隐私,即便他们在被调查。
I agree everyone has a right to a certain amount of privacy, even if they’re being investigated.
我想知道是否能从他身上找出什么不光彩的事。
I need to know if there’s anything about hime I might find unsavoty.
他和杂志一个编辑搭档私通已久,这毁了他的婚姻。
He’s had a long sexual relationship with his co-editor of the magazine. It wrecked his marriage.
事业家庭永远不要混淆一起。
Never a good idea mixing family and business.
我不想谈这个,反正我知道你不同意。
I don’t want to talk about it since I know you won’t approve.
恕我冒昧,圣诞节打扰您。
Forgive me for intruding on your Christmas.
可这会儿不方便。
This is an awkward moment.
我们对此也有很大的兴趣。
That has provided us with much amusement.
那如今我们利润最高的又是什么?
And what our most profitable product now is?
我并不纠结于公司的每况愈下。
I’m not absessed with the declining health of the company.
敏而好学,栋梁之才。
She was bright and curious, a winning combination in any person.
我的一干兄弟携带孙子,还有孙子孙女,齐聚这里,参加那无聊的年度股东盛宴。
My brothers, along with their wives, children and grandchildren, had all gathered here for our loathsome annual board meeting and dinner.
她来到客厅,问我是否有空谈谈。
She came to the parlor. she asked if she could talk to me.