Thirteen Days Flashcards
媽,我找不到上學穿的鞋子。
Mom, I can’t find my shoes for school.
在沙發下面。
They’re under the couch.
爸, 幫我簽明天要用的家長同意書好嗎?
Dad, will you sign my permission slip for tomorrow?
給你媽簽。
Give it to your mother.
你媽忙到兩隻手都不夠用了。 (問肯尼)你還有時間吃鬆餅嗎?
Your mother’s arms are full. (to Kenny) You got time for pancakes?
爸,再問一題。
Give us another one, Dad.
國防部長?
Secretary of defense.
迪恩﹒魯斯克。
Dean Rusk.
錯﹒ 那你得要幫我的車打蠟了。
Wrong. And you get to wax my car.
魯斯克是國務卿,笨﹒ 是羅伯﹒ 麥克納馬拉。
Rusk is state, moron. It’s Robert McNamara.
等一下。(向小肯尼說)這才不是什麼家長同意書。這是你的成績單。 (向海倫說)妳看過他的成績了嗎?
Wait a minute. (to Kenny Jr.) This isn’t a permission slip. This is your report card. (to Helen) Have you seen these grades?
旱,賈姬。
Morning, Jackie.
嗨,肯尼。
Hi, Kenny.
耍一份行程表嗎?
Want a schedule?
不用﹒ 你為什麼把我的朋友都從名單上刪掉?
No. Why’d you cross all my people off the list?
因為妳想邀請的人都不重耍。( 他指著名單上的名字說。)這個沒有選票;這個不算金主。
‘Cause you don’t have anybody on it who means anything. (He points at names on the list.) No votes there; there’s no money.
這是派對耶,肯尼﹒ 而且我們都很清楚:你根本就不知道怎麼辦派對﹒
It’s a party, Kenny. And the one thing we both can be sure of is that you don’t know how to have a party.
對妳來說是派對,對我而言是政治。( 他拿起名單重看一遍。)那妳要請誰?說真的。
A party to you; politics to me. (He takes her list and looks at it again.) So, who do you want? For real.
我名單上的所有人都要﹒我不想在一個只關心選票跟獻金的宴會上耗一整晚,還要假裝很有興趣 的樣子。還有,別讓我的小孩在辦公室吃糖。
Everyone on my list. I don’t want to spend an entire evening pretending that your votes and money are more interesting than they really are. And I want my kids to stop eating the candy in the Oval Office.
不是我給的。
That’s not me.
那是誰給的?
Then who is it?
我不出賣朋友的。
I don’t rat on my friends.
好,那我要把名單的事報告妳朋友。
Well, I’m going to take this whole list thing up with your friend.
妳要跳過我,自己去處理嗎?
Are you trying to go around me?