SENTENCES 4- Flashcards
Have a cup of tea.
喝杯茶吧
Is it because the weather is too hot?
因为天气太热?
How many have you altogether? (Children
你一共有几个?
Why do you want to produce so many?
为什么要生那么多?
Is it that you’d like a son?
是不是想要个儿子?
We are not intent on a son, but my parents definitely want a grandson!
我们不想要儿子,可是我父母一定要个孙子!
This is your eldest daughter, I take it. How old is she this year?
这个是你大女儿吧?今年几岁?
How many younger sisters have you?
你有几个妹妹?
How many are there altogether?
一共有多少?
Plenty I expect?
很多吧?
Are there forty?
有没有四十个?
Can you keep quiet?
你能不能不说话?
So few?
这么少?
Just right! (Not more nor less)
不多也不少!
Do you know who those two people are?
你知道哪两个人是谁吗?
Those two, look! I mean those two foreigners.
那两个,你看!就是那两个外国人
One is our French teacher, the other is our German teacher.
一位是我们法文老师,一位是我们德文老师。
Can they both speak Chinese?
他们两位都会说中国话吗?
They always speak Chinese, very rarely French, likewise very rarely German.
他们总是说中国话,很少说法文,也很少说德文。
The French teacher can’t speak German, and the German teacher can’t speak French.
法文老师不会说德文,德文老师也不会说法文。
Old Li and his wife (both) don’t drink, (if we) buy wine who will drink it?
老李跟他爱人都不会喝酒,买酒谁喝?
Two cold ones, two hot ones.
两个冷的,两个热的。
I was planning to buy a chicken, a fish and some greens: four dishes (and) one soup, what do you think?
我想买一只鸡,一条鱼跟一点儿青菜:四个菜一个汤,怎么样?
(If we) Invite people to eat, we can’t be without wine, let’s buy two bottles!
请人吃饭,不能没酒,买两瓶吧!