ReadingDeck Flashcards
都
All or Both… depending on the order (with 不) in the sentence it can have different meanings too. Examples Follow.
We are all/both Germans.
我们都德国人。
They are all not very tall.
他们都不很高。
They are not at all tall.
他们不都很高。
We can all only speak Chinese.
我们都只会说中文。
Can she only speak English?
他只会说英文吗?
Who’s roommate are you?
你是谁的同屋?
How many people in your family?
你家有几个人?
What is your phone number?
你的电话号码是多少?
Can it be a little cheaper?
可以便宜一点?
How much altogether?
一共多少钱?
一共
altogether
我一共人是六个人。
Altogether, I know six people.
才
Can be translated as “until” if used before an age, but after a time.
I’m 24 this year. I won’t be 25 until next year.
我今年二十五岁,明年才二十五岁。
我五点钟才下课。
I did not get out of class until 5 o’clock.
你有事吗?
Do you have something to do?
What’s up?
有事吗?
还有,我忘了几个字
Also, I forgot several charters.
现在快一点了。
It’s almost one.
有的
With a Noun phrase: “some of the”
Some of the characters…
有的字。。。
有的语法。。。
Some of the grammar. (yu3fa3)
I’ve already eaten dinner.
我已经吃午饭了。
It’s already 1 o’clock.
现在已经一点了。
New use: 没
Saying something has not happened or has not happened yet: 我没吃午饭。
I have not eaten lunch yet.
我还没吃午饭呢。(还没。。。呢)
没 and 不
With action verbs,
没+Av = that action did not occur (past tense)
不+Av= is not happening now, or does not happen
I don’t drink coffee.
我不喝咖啡。
I didn’t drink coffee.
我没喝咖啡。
I don’t read.
我不看书。
I didn’t read.
我没看书。
I didn’t do well on the test.
我考得不好。 (note that 不is used when DESCRIBING how an action is performed)