Gossip Girls 1-03 Flashcards
Listen
Good morning, Upper East Siders! Gossip Girl here. Your one and only source in the scandalous lives of Manhattan’s elite. Top story on my homepage: Serena van der Woodsen. Everybody’s favourite It-Girl has just returned from a mysterious absence and was learning the hard way that you can never go home again.
你肯定不相信 “八卦天后”上出現的新聞。有人看見瑟琳娜在中央火車站下了火車。
You’ll never believe what’s on ‘Gossip Girl’!Someone saw Serena getting off a train at Grand Central!
她為何會回來呢?
Why did she return?
我猜你跟大家說艾瑞克只是去柔德島探望他祖父。
Let me guess, you told everyone that Erik’s just visiting Grandpa in Rhode Island.
是去邁阿密探望他姨媽。
Your Aunt Carol in Miami.
他企圖自殺,但你擔心的只是自己評不上今年的”年度媽媽”?
He tries to take his own life and you’re worried it’s gonna cost you ‘Mom of the Year’.
肯定有許多流言蜚語談論你為什麼要回來。
Must be a lot of rumours why you’re back.
但沒有一個跟你有關。
None of them mention you.
內特要等瑟琳娜。
Nate’s gonna wait for serena.
好,他可以排在那人後面。
He can get in line behind that guy.
我不需要一個新男孩再來影響她,分散她的注意力。
I don’t need some new boy influencing her, distracting her from her needs.
我覺得像丹那樣的男孩正是瑟琳娜所需要的。
A kid like Dan is exactly what Serena needs.
猜猜誰的老爸最酷?
Guess whose dad is cool!
這是一個暗藏玄機的問題。
It’s a trick question.
對啊!因為不可能是咱爸。
Yeah, ‘cause it can’t be ours.
你要和瑟琳娜出去約會,我要去參加”唇上之吻”派對,誰敢說我們這家人不酷啊?
You’re going out with Serena and I’m going to ‘Kiss on the Lips’. Who said this family wasn’t cool?
我原以為我們之間一切都很美好。
I thought everything was good between us.
曾經是的… 在我發現你與我男朋友上床之前。
It was… before I found out you had sex with my boyfriend
太棒了!正趕上早午餐會。
Great, just in time for brunch.
我告訴過她離遠點。
I told her to stay away.
我不會再跟你偷偷摸摸的了。
I’m not sneaking around with you.
你說過你不會再跟她說話了的。
You said you’d never speak to her again!
所以你跟最好朋友的男朋友上床。
So you slept with best friend’s boyfriend.
然後她便逃跑了,並撒了謊來掩蓋這事。
Then she ran away and lied about it.
可憐的丹尼爾,時間這麼少,卻有這麼多賤人要維護!
Poor Daniel, so little time so many sluts to defend.
這個世界很瘋狂!
This world… it’s crazy
你也是其中一分子哦。
And you’re a part of it.
布雷爾,我如何才能解開你我的心結?
Blair, how can I fix this?
沒這個必要了,瑟琳娜,你只要離我遠點。
You don’t, Serena. You just stay away.
但既然瑟琳娜回來了,曼哈頓東區的”貴族們” 還會一如既往嗎? 需要兩個人才會有這麼多糾葛,像這樣的女孩子們,又怎能不戰而和呢?
But now that Serena is back, will the Upper East Side ever be the same? It takes two to tangle and girls like these don’t go down without a fight.
There’s plenty of upside to being the spawn of the fabulously wealthy, but the downside, super successful parents expect nothing less from their offspring and when it comes to college that means the Ivy’s. It’s more than just getting into college, it’s setting a course for the rest of your life and for those few who aren’t legacies, the pressures are no less. When parents have sacrificed for their children’s future, what kid would want to let them down?
032
Thank you ladies. Good morning students. I ask all of you to show a little sympathy for our junior class. They are almost through with Ivy Week.