First Day at Work - Conversation Flashcards
強, 這是你的座位。在你主管講完電話前你就先看看工作手冊吧!
John, this will be your desk. Why don’t you look over the manual’ until your manager is off the phone?
沒問題。
Sure thing.
你是新來的,對吧?
You’re the new guy, right?
是啊。就是我。我的名字是強納森, 但你可以叫我強, 大家都這麼叫我。
Yep. That’s me. My name’s Jonathan, but you can call me John; everybody does.
嗨,強,我是希西莉。所以,我們會坐一起囉。我看老闆羅傑還在講電話。要我帶你四處介紹一下嗎?
Hi, John.I’m Cecily. S0, we’ll be cubemates. Our boss, Roger, is still on the phone, I see. You want me to introduce you around?
好啊。
Fine by me.
科林,來一下。我想讓你認識一下新人。
Colin, come over here. I want you to meet the new guy.
科林對吧?我是強。
Colin, was it? I’m John.
嗨,強。
Hi, John.
我能問你們一些事嗎?
Can I ask you both something?
問啊。
Shoot.
手冊上說附近有很多地方可以吃午餐。你們都在哪兒吃午餐啊?
The manual says there are plenty of places to eat lunch nearby. Where do you all eat lunch?
我們知道幾個不錯的地方。更好的方式是,跟我們一塊去吧l
We know of a few good places. Better than that, come with us!
那太棒了! 我不會打擾到你們吧?
That’d be great! I’m not intruding, am I?
當然不會!
Of course not!
那太好了,因為我有一堆想請你們幫我解答的問題呢。
That’s great because I’ve got a ton of questions you could answer for me.
我剛寫張字條給羅傑,他才不會以為我們第一天就把你嚇跑了。好了,走吧。
1 just wrote Roger a note so he doesn’t think we scared you off on your first day. OK, let’s go.
喔,看,電腦小精靈來過了。
Oh look, the computer fairies have been here.
電腦似乎沒辦法開機。
It doesn’t seem to want to come on.
我猜我們得打電話給資訊工程部了。
Guess we’ll have to call IT.
嗨, 我是行銷部的希西莉﹒卡度。請問你是哪位?
Hi, this is Cecily Cardew from marketing. Who’s this?
嗨,丹尼爾,剛才有人把強﹒ 渥辛的電腦拿下來嗎?
Hi, Daniel. Did someone just bring a computer down here for John Worthing?
是的, 嗯,好像沒辦法開機耶。你們那邊能派一位專家下來看看嗎?
Yeah, well, it doesn’t seem to want to turn on. Could one of you wiz kids come down and have a
look?
謝啦, 丹尼爾。
Thanks, Daniel.
他馬上就下來。
He’ll be right down.
嗯, 至少我們知道電話能用。你們有電話號碼清單嗎?
Well, at least we know the phone works. Do you have a phone list?
公司內部網路上有,你可以列印出來。總機會一直更新。
There’s one on the Intranet you can print out. The receptionist keeps it up-to-date.
那印表機呢?我印的東西會從哪台印表機出來?
And what about the printer? Where do I print to?
我們得再跟資訊工程部確認。我們通常都印到羅傑辦公室外面那台。
We’ll have to check with IT. We usually print to the one outside Roger’s office.
人資的人有提到關於名片的事。
The guy in HR said something about business cards.
喔,對。你可以填寫名片申請單。
Oh, right. You can fill out the requisition form for business cards.
太好了。喔!最後一個問題。在這兒我要怎麼領取辦公室文具呢?
Great. Oh! One last question. What do I have to do around here to get some office supplies?
供應櫃就在走廊上,就自己去拿吧。你這兒有什麼呢?
The supply cabinet is in the hallway, so help yourself. What do you have in here?
好,你需要一些原子筆和鉛筆,一兩疊便利貼,還有……你不寫下來嗎?
OK, you need some pens and pencils, a pad or two of sticky notes, and . . .Aren’t you going to write this down?
我沒有筆啊。
I don’t have a pen.