Classic-01 Flashcards
你到底想说什么?
What are you trying to say?
别胡闹了。
Don’t be silly.
你近视多少度?
How strong are your glasses?
没有别的原因。
Just because.
这不是我所盼望的。
It isn’t the way I hoped it would be.
你永远猜不到。
You will never guess.
众人对此束手无措。
No one could do anything about it.
深感事情不妙。
I saw something deeply disturbing.
我正忙着。
I am not available.
脑中的知识比手中的金钱更重要。
Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.
别泄气,那只是小菜一碟。
Never say die. It’s a piece of cake.
别担心,很快你就会习惯的。
Don’t worry. You’ll get use to it soon.
我明白你的感受。
I know how you feel.
胜败乃兵家常事。
You win some. You lose some.
不要逃避现实。
Don’t bury your head in the sand.
我没想到你干的这么好。
I didn’t expect you to such a good job.
你做得挺顺利。
You are coming alone well.
她的身材真棒。
She is well-build.
你看起来很清纯。
You look neat and fresh.
你的气质很好。
You have a beautiful personality.
你过奖啦。
You flatter me immensely.
你不应该随意评论别人。
You should be slow to judge others.
如有任何错误,请你原谅。
I hope you will excuse me if I make any mistake.
我太粗心了。
It was most careless of me.
真是始料不及。
It was quite by accident.
我希望所有被我浪费的时间重新回来,让我再浪费一遍。
I wish I had all the time I’d never wasted, so I could waste it all over again.
我喜欢你以前的样子。
I like you the way you were.
你们两个自己去看电影吧,我不想当电灯泡。
You two go ahead to the movie without me, I don’t want to be a third wheel.
你有心上人么?
Do you have anyone in mind?
你认识她多久了?
How long have you know her?
一见钟情。
It was love at first sight.
我要复习功课啦。
I’d better hit the books.
直言不违。
a piece of one’s mind
他责备道:“不要把责任推卸到别人身上。”
He gave me a piece of his mind, “Don’t shift responsibility onto others.”
水火不容的生活。
a cat and dog life
这对夫妇老是吵架,相互之间水火不容。
The husband and his wife are always quarreling, and they are leading a cat and dog life.
潦倒的生活。
a dog’s life
这个人生活潦倒。
The man lived a dog’s life.
从头到尾。
A to Z
我很了解这件事。
I know that from A to Z.
深奥。
above somebody
我不懂你们在讲什么。
Well, this sort of talk is above me.
全神贯注地倾听着。
all ears
跟Mary 讲一些小道消息,她会听地仔仔细细。
When you tell Mary some gossip, she is all ears.
更加,益发。
all the more
度一次假,对你更有好处。
You’ll be all the better for a holiday.
打扮得整整齐齐。
all dressed up
她打扮得整整齐齐却无处炫耀。
She is all dressed up and nowhere to go.
总的说来;最心爱的东西。
all in all
女儿是他的无价之宝。
The daughter is all in all to him.
竭尽全力。
all out
他们鼓足了干劲。
They went all out.
全部结束;浑身,到处。
all over
这事全部结束了,好得很。
Glad, it is all over.
我浑身都湿了。
I’m wet all over.
准备就绪。
all set
他已做好清晨出发的一切准备。
He is all set for an early morning start.
需要做的是。
all you have to do
你需要做的是静下心来等好消息。
All you have to do is to calm yourself down and wait for the good news.
容易得很
as easy as falling of a log/as easy as snapping your fingers/as easy as ABC
对我来说,讲个故事还不是随手拈来。
To me, a good story teller, it would be as easy as falling of a log.
非常忙。
as busy as a bee
妈妈每天早上都忙得不可开交。
Mum is always as busy as a bee in the morning.
了如指掌。
at one’s fingertips
他知道怎么去那个小岛。
How to get at that little island is at his fingertips.
智穷。
at one’s wit’s end
不要问他了, 他也不知道。
Don’t ask him. It is also at his wit’s end.
大人物,大亨。
big shot
败家子,害群之马。
He is a big shot in our little town.
家家有本难念的经。
Every family has a black sheep.
遍体鳞伤。
black and blue
那个小偷当场被抓住并被打得青一块紫一块的。
The thief was caught of red-handed and beaten black and blue.
白纸黑字。
black and white
证据确凿,凶手再也无话可说。
The proof is in black and white and the murderer has no any excuses.
死胡同。
blind alley
你正在钻牛角尖。
You are heading into a blind alley.
摇摆不定。
blow hot and cold
这家伙好像没什么主张,总是摇摆不定。
This guy seemed to have no own idea. He always blew hot and cold.
自吹自擂。
blow one’s own trumpet
不要自吹自擂了,让我们看看你到底能做什么。
Don’t blow your own trumpet. Let us see what on earth you can do.
出生在富贵人家。
born with a silver key in one’s mouth
他是含着金钥匙出生的。
He is born with a silver key in his mouth.
崭新的。
bland new
新衣服。
a bland new coat
打破沉默。
break the ice
这对夫妇已经一个星期没说过话了。两个人都在等另一方先开口。
The couple hadn’t spoken to each other for a week. They were both waiting for the other one to break the ice.
无意中的一击。
by a blow
他被击倒在地。
He is beaten to the ground by a blow.
不能再忍受了。
can’t stand it any longer
我再也忍受不了了。
I can’t stand it any longer, I quite.
过火了。
carry something too far
你玩笑开得太过分了。
You are carrying your joke too far.
海市蜃楼。
castle in the sky
你的计划简直就是空想。
Your plan is nearly a castle in the sky.
老烟枪。
chain smoker
产生,想出。
come up with
让我想一想。
Let me come up with some ideas.
容易。
come easily
有些人能够很容易地掌握语言。
Languages come easily to some people.
喜爱的人/命运。
cup of tea
我不喜欢看电影。
Movies are not my cup of tea.
停止,住嘴。
cut it out
不再做下去,停止(某种活动)
Cut it out! I can’t stand you any longer.
这一天工作够了,停工吧!
Let us call it a day, stop.
黑马。
dark horse
绝交信。
dear John letter
对某人有好处。
do someone good
你明白我的意思么?
Do you get me?
这次不算。
doesn’t count
这次不算,再试一次。
It doesn’t count this time, try again.
不懂;没有任何意义。
doesn’t make sense
你说的话对我来说没有任何意义。
The sentence you made doesn’t make any sense to me.
穷困潦倒。
down and out
因为穷困潦倒,他负担不起他的家庭。
Being down and out, he couldn’t support his family.
用意,意欲。
drive at
你用意何在?
What’s he driving at?
偶然拜访。
drop in
我在去医院的路上拜访了他。
I dropped him in on my way to the hospital.
写信给我。
drop me a line
到了大学,请给我写信。
On arriving the University, please drop me a line.
早起的人。
early bird
捷足先登。
An early bird catches worms.
来得快去得也快。
easy come easy go
收回前言,认错道歉。
eat my words
我对妈妈说了不礼貌的话。尽管我想收回说过的话,但是不可能了。因为我已经伤害了妈妈的感情。
I said something bad to my mum. Although I want to eat my words back, it didn’t work, for I had hurt my mum’s feeling.
直面困难。
face the music
他知道自己不可能逃脱,因此决定一人做事一人当 --向警察自首。
He knew he’d never get away with it so he decided to face the music and give himself up to the police.
勇敢地面对某事。
face up to
你必须学会勇敢地面对你的责任。
You must learn to face up to your responsibilities.
厌倦。
fed up
我受够你的抱怨了。
I am rather fed up with your complaints.
不要拘束。
feel free to do something
请随时提出建议。
Please feel free to make suggestions.
很少,稀少。
few and far between
人类在这一区域是少之又少。
Human beings are few and far between in this zone.
不辞而别。
French leave
让人头痛。
give me a headache
这个淘气的男孩让我很头痛。
The naughty boy gave me a headache.
帮我一下。
give me a hand
AA制。
go Duth
上帝保佑你。
God bless you.
上帝保佑你的考试。
God bless you with your examinations.
天知道。
God knows.
明白了么?
Got it?
园艺技能。
green thumbs/fingers
非常忙。
hands are full
受够了。
have had it
我受够了你的借口。
I have had it with all your excuses.
站得住脚。
hold water
他的论点都站不住脚。
Non of his arguments seem to hold water.
在某种意义上说。
in every sense of word
这事不折不扣的谎言。
It’s a lie in every sense of word.
提高警惕。
keep an eye on
打发时间。
kill time
懒骨头。
lazy bones
起床,懒骨头!
Get up lazy bones!
让我来吧。
leave it to me.
别管我。
leave me alone
有其父必有其子。
like father like son
不管你喜不喜欢。
like it or not
愚弄某人。
make a fool of oneself
赚大钱。
make a big money
收支平衡。
make both ends need
我们不得不削减开支以到达收支平衡。
We have to cut our expenses to make both ends need.
引起轰动;兴风作浪。
make waves
他的成就在他的国家引起轰动。
His achievement made waves in his country.
别拘束。
make yourself at home
没有好结果。
no good
坏人没有好结果。
Bad man comes to no good.
不要开玩笑。
no kidding
不关你的事。
none of your business
也不是…
not really
老手。
old hand
他是一个偷窃老手。
He is an old hand at stealing.
老一套。
old story
我已经厌倦了,都是相同的老故事。
I am tired of it, same old story
间或。
on occasion
拥挤。
packed like sardines
假期中,火车上特别拥挤。
During the holidays, people in the trains are packed like sardines.
去世。
pass away
付出代价。
pay the price
你在玩火,有一天你会为此付出代价。
You are playing with the fire and you must pay the price one day.
忍受。
put up with
我再也不能忍受你的无礼,请离开我的房间。
I can’t put up with your rudeness any more; leave my room.
重要的或值得纪念的日子。
red-letter day
繁文缛节。
red tape
红地毯。
red carpet
偶遇。
run into
我昨天逛街偶遇了一位老朋友。
I run into an old friend in the shop yesterday.
用尽,缺少。
run out of
快点,快点,我们快没时间了。
Quick, quick, we are running out of time.
炫耀。
show up
小人物。
small potatos
那怎么样呢?
So what?
对某人的胃口。
suit one’s taste
最好的衣服。
Sunday dress
十有把握的事。
sure thing
慢慢来,享受它。
Take your time and enjoy it.
说出某人想说的话。
take the words out of one’s mouth
就是。
That’s it.
太好了。
That is really something.
我什么都不能做。
There is nothing I can do.
这边请。
There you go.
我没事。
There is nothing wrong with me.
私底下,秘密地。
under the table
身体不适。
under the weather
怎么了?
What’s going on?
多勇敢的人啊。
What a man!
活字典。
walking dictionary
近来可好?
What is up?
嗨,好久没有见到你了,近来可好?
Hi, I haven’t seen you for a long time, what’s up?
一流的。
world class